Tuesday, April 5, 2011

THUNDERCATS! HOOOOOOOOOOOOO!


I've said it time and time again that 80's cartoons are the best! At the Wondercon last weekend, it was revealed that there will be a new THUNDERCATS Cartoon!

Now, to be quite honest, I'm a bit iffy about this reboot. Why? Not all reboots work and cater to the new generation. I mean, the Thundercats cartoon was one of the best in history. Lion-O, Cheetarah, Tygra, Panthro, Wilykit, Wilykat and Snarf were an awesome ensemble and Mumm-Ra was scary as hell.

You know a cartoon is good when others are copying you. Thundercats spawned "Silverhawks" and "Tigersharks"

The picture above is the reboot and will show on Cartoon Network. Now I saw the Wondercon footage already and the only part I don't like was the line "I only ask you fight like Cats!" WHUUUT? But other than that, Mumm-Ra looks the same. The team looks ok. The Sword of Omens looks super cool and the voice... "Thunder! Thunder! Thunder! Thundercats! HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!" Geekgasm right there! It looks cool for now but I have to watch the cartoons!

Hopefully, the best cartoon of the 1980s will bring a new light for this new generation. I wish Cartoon Network Philippines brings it here ASAP.

4 comments:

mots said...

im not familiar with this cartoon. (meaning you're old)hehe jK.

icheck ko yan!

luiboi said...

saw the footage as well!i think it would be an awesome series!i agree hope cartoon network airs it the same time/week as the US,just like what animax is doing.still on the topic of cartoons,have you seen DC's Young Justice?I know you're not a big fan of DC but I think you'd love it!:)

Nimmy said...

parang napanood ko sya nung bata ako. isang malaking parang. hehehe

sana ipalabas 'to sa free tv. :)

CAZ said...

Looks like I need to start looking for dvd compilations of the original series. I miss seeing MUMRA rising from his grave everytime Lion-O and the rest of the Thundercats foil his plans. hehe