Thursday, April 21, 2011

Holy Week

It's Holy Thursday now and we're getting ready for the next 3 days. For as long as I can remember, my family's been practicing the Visita Iglesia. We visit 7 churches and we pray 7 Our Fathers, 7 Hail Marys, and 7 Glory Bes in the 7 churches.

Good Friday, we do the Stations of the Cross and pray all the mysteries of the rosary. In addition, Good Friday is a day that we practice fasting and abstinence.

Black Saturday is attending the 3hour Easter Vigil at night.

Holy Week has been a time for prayer for my family. It's the short time of the year that I feel it's most solemn. I feel like it's that time of year wherein we pray a LOT in the family. I think it's good because you stay together while praying.

Sacrifice is the main word in my opinion. For the Catholics and Christians, we have to remember how Jesus did the ultimate sacrifice by dying for all of us. I think it's good that we all sacrifice something during this time of prayer and reflection...

Anyway, I just wanted to share that. I wish everyone a blessed Holy Week!

No comments: