Sunday, April 10, 2011

Artwork - Manix Abrera

A couple of months ago, I attended Manix Abrera's first ever art exhibit in Pablo Gallery in Cubao X. I found out that he was showcasing his art and I just had to go since I wanted to feature him in the Yahoo! Blog. Manix is the guy who does "Kikomachine" which can be seen in the Philippine Daily Inquirer. He  also did a "silent" comic book / graphic novel called "12" which is really awesome by the way. 

Anyway, I go down to his exhibit and I see tons of people. I check out the art and find out that it's for sale! I couldn't believe it! Original Manix Abrera art was frikkin FOR SALE! 

A lot had been sold already and the colored / painted cover of Kikomachine Vol. 6 was in the center. It had been sold already. I go around the exhibit and see my favorite story from "12" called "Palaka" and there wasn't any mark that it had been sold. I ask the managers of Pablo and I was right! It wasn't sold yet! 

So I got it :)


I have to blog about it since I just got it yesterday. After the exhibit, you have to wait a while until the whole exhibit run ends. It's a treasure of mine! :) It's my favorite story from "12" and I just love Manix's work! If there's one thing I can pass on to you when you buy art, never ever, I mean NEVER EVER ask for a discount. That's the artist's work. It's just rude. You steal something inside from them that you can never give back. Makes sense? :) Plus c'mon! YOU are the only person in the world who has that. You get what you pay for so don't worry! 



It'll be a while until Manix has another exhibit... But be sure to check out his work. Kikomachine already has 6 volumes plus "12" just plain rocks!!! He might be at the Summer Komikon this weekend though :)

No comments: