Sunday, December 6, 2009

I HAVE FALLEN IN LOVE (with the same woman three times)

I think the best version was when Jose Mari Chan sang it at the wake. I think that the love my grandparents had for each other was one of a kind. They brought out the best in each other. Lolo Ninoy was Lola's ONLY love.

She was telling me that he was really the most charming guy. I can imagine. Wooing her on her 18th birthday with a painting by Amorsolo was WOW!!! Plus Lolo's poems were awesome too. If he were here, I'd tell him SOBRANG CHEEESSSSY! Hahaha.

But the man was just awesome in wooing my Lola. I'm a big fan of their love story...



I HAVE FALLEN IN LOVE
(with the same woman three times)

I have fallen in love
with the same woman three times;
In a day spanning 19 years
of tearful joys..and joyful tears.

I loved her first when she was young,
enchanting and vibrant, eternally new..
she was brilliant, fragrant,
and cool as the morning dew.

I fell in love with her the second time;
when first she bore her child and mine
always by my side, the source of my strength,
helping to turn the tide..

But there were candles to burn
the world was my concern;
while our home was her domain..
and the people were mine
while the children were hers to maintain;

So it was in those eighteen years and a day..
’till I was detained; forced in prison to stay.

Suddenly she’s our sole support;
source of comfort,
our wellspring of Hope..
on her shoulders felt the burden of Life..

I fell in love again,
with the same woman the third time.
Looming from the battle,
her courage will never fade

Amidst the hardships she has remained,
undaunted and unafraid..
she is calm and composed,
she is God’s lovely maid..


7 comments:

the spunky wanderer said...

yep, i also fell in love when i read your Lolo Ninoy's poem...hehehe... i hope i'll meet a man who can write me a poem like that! gosh...they were really meant for each other and i know they're both HAPPY now...
yikee, sobrang cheeeeesssyyyyy...

nialy said...

nakaka inngit yong love ni mr. and mrs. Aquino talaga,..sa panahon natin ngayon ,..hirap na hanapin un tunay na pag-ibig,..

julea medrano said...

the song speaks for itself...ang ganda =) tapos nung kinanta sa wake super "na-move" ako..=)

Anonymous said...

..me too, honestly i'm a huge fan of their love story, it is, really something so unbelievable that's why it is so inspiring to know that, loving like that is POSSIBLE.
..i love this song as well as this poem, it super inspires me so much. kung ako po ang tatanungin? your lolo and lola's love story is the best ever, coz it's full reality.
..i guess finding a love like that in our days, would be kinda hard and impossible hm.
..in fact, just to say, i wrote a poem about their love story (though i dont know much) i wrote it when i was at the middle of my inspiration towards them ^^,).
..i always have this overwhelming feelings every time people speak about their love story, super duper mega giga tera naiinspire ako,hm.
..sana there are still, somewhere out there, men who can love the way, Sen.Ninoy did... SANA TALAGA :c
..hm, thanks for sharing, God bless po Kuya Jiggy.

sjnhs_bon said...

its "bungga na bungga" to hear that by the way what can u say about Piolo Pascual portraying as ur lolo Ninoy but not in a movie but in an episode at "Maalaala Mo Kaya", sana mag-reply ka sa question ko :)

kath said...

I really love to listen to that song.. nkakainluv..hehe kakainspired maghintay sa ryt guy with that kind of luv.. Sana mkita q n din ang "Ninoy" ng buhay q..naks!hehe CHEEEEESY...

Camille Romero said...

hehe! they really love each oher