Sunday, May 3, 2009

Sunday Battles

Several battles today...

1. Celtics finally beat the Bulls. 109-99. Epic series. People say that it was the best 1st round match in league history. I thought it was too. Ben Gordon, Derrick Rose, Joakim Noah, John Salmons and Kirk Hinrich wouldn't just stop. I gotta give these Bulls a lot of credit. They pushed my Celtics to the limit... But the C's still stood tall. Defending Champs!!! The road is very very long. No KG = Bad News.

2. The People's Champion, Manny PACMAN Pacquiao punishes Ricky HITMAN Hatton. I watched at the Podium with my Dad, Brother, and Ninong earlier today. It was a quick match but it was worth it. A lot of proud and happy Pinoys today. Manny is still peaking. He really is such an amazing fighter. Galing!!! Keep it up Manny!!! Keep making the Pinoys proud!!! It was pretty cool to know that the Mexicans were cheering for Manny. In other boxing matches, I would cheer for Erik Morales. I gotta give cred to the Mexicans too. They sure love boxing. I I have a lot of respect for them!

3. My Lola's battle with Cancer. She'll undergo surgery tomorrow and I just want to thank all the people who are continuing to pray for her. I also want to thank those who sent in the kind texts to me. After the fight, I went to my Lola's room and brought down my Laptop. We watched the 2 rounds of the fight on YouTube. My Lola's a fighter and her faith is just so strong. I know she'll pull this one off. Yesterday at the mass for her, she said that she still continues to pray for the Filipino people and that she's offering her sacrifices for the nation. I love my Lola very much. She's one of the most important people in my life and I would absolutely do anything for her. Right now, she's fighting a very tough battle. We really need all the prayers for her.


Whatever battles or challenges we get, it's either one fights, or one backs down. We may not understand why it is given to us but it's something that makes us learn and makes us better people. It really depends on how you look at it. There are always two sides of the coin and as for me, I just accept them and do my best to live up to the challenge. Buo ang loob! All heart! As the Revicon commercials that showed today, "THINK PASITIB, WAG KANG AAYAW!"

No comments: