Saturday, May 23, 2009

My Most Prized Comic Book

No, I don't have a copy of Amazing Fantasy #15 nor do I own a copy of Amazing Spider-Man #1. I have searched for this book long and hard for years. I missed the initial run. After reading the first trade, I absolutely loved it! And it's not even a Marvel Comic Book. It's from one of my favorite writers, BKV. The masterpiece called Y: THE LAST MAN.

Yes, it is a CGC Graded Copy. A 9.8 Near Mint. For me, it's priceless. It is probably a future holy grail of the comic book world. This book is definitely VERY difficult to find. My patience in searching on eBay + my hard work got me this book. I love this book so damn much and when I was fortunate enough to travel abroad, I kept on looking for a copy. A regular non-graded copy. Couldn't find any. eBay didn't have. All they had listed was #2 and #3. This book just simply did not want me to be its owner. It didn't want me to find it.

But one day, I typed on eBay, "CGC, Y: The Last Man", and there it was... I bid on it. And I met the minimum. Friggin awesome. I wasn't still guaranteed because I hadn't won it yet. I watched til the last minute. No one challenged my bid. I won it and I was just too happy...

Patience and Determination was key. I tried consistently looking for this. Even in the brink of giving up, you simply cannot give up. You just have to keep on trying.

Won't believe that I have a copy? I could have easily Googled a photo of this. But you know what, here's a picture of me with my most prized comic book :)

And there you go :)

If this blog entry somehow reaches Mr. Brian K. Vaughan, thank you for creating this masterpiece. It's beautiful.

Oh, best line of the book... SPOILER AHEAD.

"You would have said no to the man... but yes to the last man???"

BKV, you absolutely f'n rock!!! \m/

1 comment:

Miko said...

Nice, graded! Congratulations on this great find.