Sunday, May 3, 2009

Spider-Man: Blue


I forgot to mention, I got the Spider-Man: Blue Hardcover yesterday at a very very good price. I just love this book by Jeph Loeb and Tim Sale.

I wanted to write about this because I saw Spider-Man 3 playing on HBO and it was the Restaurant scene with Gwen and MJ.

So here, Spider-Man: Blue tells Peter and Gwen's love story and how Mary Jane finally got into Spidey's life. Gwen and MJ were two different people with different personalities. Gwen was quiet and reserved, MJ was outgoing and fun. In my opinion, this is THE best love triangle in comics. And I'm not just saying that because I'm a Spidey fan. Sure the Logan, Jean, and Scott triangle is great but what's great about this is how Gwen still affects Peter to this very day. There is still a triangle even if Gwen is dead. Proof? Read House of M and Sins Past.

Anyway, I'm not gonna write a review about this book because I need to give what's due to this masterpiece.

Spider-Man: Blue is one of my all time favorites because I'm a sucker for romantic comic books... Especially if Spidey's involved.

I also read Daredevil: Yellow. That's also a good one! Haven't read Hulk: Gray though... and Captain America: White is still not finished.

My favorite part, Peter saves the day and goes to Gwen. Gwen says "Peter... will you be my valentine?" They kiss and Peter talking to a tape recorder... "That was when you had me Gwen Stacy. All of me"

No comments: