Saturday, April 11, 2009

Dragonball: Evolution


I just watched Dragonball "Evolution" with my brother. It was just ok... I'm being nice there.

I came prepared to the cinemas. I was set to be disappointed. It was just ok. What saved it? I think that Justin Chatwin, despite being Caucasian, tried his very best to be like Goku. There were certain homages to the cartoon. Goku having a big apetite, Master Roshi being a perv, Yamcha and Bulma flirting, the spikey hair... The Goku-Chi Chi love story was funny because it was just too damn cheesy. Then again, we all have our cheesy moments right?

The director tried to make the movie too much of an anime... Didn't work out for me... Yamcha had this annoying voice and he looked really bad... Annoying annoying annoying. Never did like his character anyway.

There were no mentions of Saians whatsoever so I don't know if there'll be a sequel... I don't think this movie will do that well. The Japanese will hate it.

But then again, if you grew up watching Dragonball or Dragonball Z, give this a shot. It's still entertainment!!!

No comments: