Thursday, April 16, 2009

Childhood TV shows and the effect it caused...

So this is for the childhood story I have to write.

If I meet new people and they eventually become good friends, I ask them about what TV shows they watched growing up. I was a child of the 80's and I still feel that most of the great cartoons and TV shows came from the 80's. Like what? Well, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Transformers, G.I.JOE, The Real Ghostbusters, The Visionaries, Silverhawks, Thundercats, M.A.S.K., Robotech, Saber Rider and The Star Sheriffs, Spider-Man and his Amazing Friends, BIONIC SIX, Voltes V, Maskman, Shaider, and of course BIOMAN. (Sorry but some maybe from the 90's)

It was just awesome TV man! Loved those shows. Now, cartoons have changed. I just don't feel the new cartoons now. Which ones? Well... BEN10 seems to be very popular with the kids nowadays but I don't get it. Not fan of Aliens...

Why do I write about these shows? Because a big part of my childhood was actually playing outside the house and "pretending" to be those superheroes. Now? Well, we have the internet to blame. We have the PS3s, the instant messaging, and cable TV.

I don't see kids playing around the village. I don't see them hanging out at the park. Do they even know what Langit-Lupa is? Or Agawan base? Patintero? The trumpo? (I rocked with the trumpo by the way)

I made a mistake eating merienda everyday in front of the TV. Got heavy.

So now, I'm paying for the sins of the past. I've started to become active. I've been waking up at 5:30 during weekdays and going to the office gym. An hour of exercise. It's hard. I can't pretend to be the Flash when I'm on the treadmill... Hahaha.

Ok, back to the TV Shows. Why don't they make those kinds of shows anymore? The animation style before was way much better in my opinion.

And the sentai series now? I don't know...

The last one I watched was Power Rangers Zeo. Mighty Morphin will still be the best for the American version... BIOMAN will always be my best Sentai.

Shaider was ripped. VR Troopers copied it... ewww...

I guess times really do change.

We just have memories of the shows and the Boxed DVDs.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i agree with you. 80s cartoons and children's tv show are way better than today.