Thursday, October 13, 2011

ELMER + NATIONAL BOOK STORE


I've always wanted KOMIKS to go mainstream and I'm really glad that National Book Store is supporting the local Komiks Industry. Looks like they're really getting into exclusives because my dear friend Gerry Alanguilan is partnering with NBS to launch the Exclusive 2nd Edition of ELMER!!!

You know how the Batman #608 2nd print is more expensive than the 1st? I think this is something along that line!

I have tons of Elmer Editions! Heck! I even have the really exclusive one that comes in a case with a personal Sketch from KOMIKERO himself! But I wouldn't mind getting another edition!


Elmer 2nd Edition will be launched this Saturday, October 15, 2011 at Bestsellers, 4th Floor Robinson’s Galleria, Ortigas at 5pm! 
I got an excerpt from komikero.com
"National Book Store has graciously stepped in and offered to publish the 2nd Edition of Elmer while allowing me to retain ownership of my characters. This deal would now make Elmer available nationwide through all branches of National Book Store, Powerbooks and Bestsellers. NBS has expressed a great interest in supporting Philippine Comics and I think we will be seeing this make an impact in the local industry in the coming years. They will also be launching Book 4 of Trese today, as well as being co-presentor of the 7th Annual Komikon. I sense really good things to come.
This edition will be virtually the same as the previous Komikero Publishing edition, although it would have a new afterword, a sample of the script, and drawings previously available in the Elmer Limited Edition Box Sets. Because of my agreement with my publishers abroad, this edition will only be made available here in the Philippines."



Again,  I will be hosting the launch of Elmer's 2nd Edition! (Someone asked me if I'm doing this on the side and I said no. I never host. I never got paid to host anything. I'm doing this for the love of Komiks! And because Gerry Alanguilan is a friend :) )

PLEASE GO!!! National Book Store is giving 20% off on ALL GRAPHIC NOVELS that day :) PLUS... I heard there's another surprise!!!

1 comment:

ram said...

go jiggy,for the love of comics...