Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Long Distance

Have you ever been or are you in a long distance relationship? Is it within the country or is your loved one abroad?

When my Mom's family were living in exile as political refugees in Boston, my Dad had to deal with that. Mind you that there was no internet nor Skype nor text messaging. Life was hard back then. But they still ended up together.

Relationships should never be a one way thing. That's why it's called a relationship right? Anyway, it takes 2 to tango as they say. But nothing's perfect. You have to work at it. I think most of the time, we take things for granted. You'll never realize what's important until it's gone. But why wait for it to happen? You have to work at it.

Why am I writing about this? Well, I have friends who are in long distance relationships. They worked at it and they're going strong. No matter how far that loved one is, I think what's important is that the love is still there. Yes you cannot physically touch that person but there are compromises right? It's a give and take thing. But here's my two cents. Never give up on a loved one... "Kung gusto, maraming paraan. Kung ayaw, maraming dahilan."

Faith and Love... that's what you need I believe.

3 comments:

ram said...

and if you really love the person there is always a sacrifice...

Oreene Sunglao said...

When I was 18 years old, I told myself that I'll not be having any long distance relationship since it's considered as very risky and at the same time, very much difficult but three years later, I didn't expect that I'd be falling in love with my first boyfriend who lives in Manila(I resides in Pampanga) and boom!--welcome to LDR, the test for many things-- communication, loyalty, faith and love for each other. =)

bugoynatunay said...

it's not easy but it's do-able...my husband is in brazil for work 6 months at a time and we really make an effort to communicate either thru skype or ym...sometimes it really takes a toll in a relationship but the saying kung gusto me paraan really rings true.