Sunday, June 5, 2011

Fulfilling the Dream...

This is it!!!

I'm finally finally going to fulfill my dream!!! I AM GOING TO SAN DIEGO TO ATTEND THE COMIC-CON!!! HUH-FRIKKIN-ZAH!!!


This trip has been years in the making and I hope and pray that it pushes through. (knocks on wood and crosses fingers)

Jonty and I are going and we are EXCITED! Really! Our tickets got confirmed thanks to the help of a friend that we owe BIG TIME! 

I'm sorry but this is the geek in me talking. I'll finally get to see the writers and artists I longed to see! Pinoys like Whilce Portacio and Alex Nino will be there. I'll also meet up with my bud Philip Tan who works for DC Comics. I'm wishing I get to meet the greats like Jim Lee and Todd McFarlane. But the person I'm thankful who confirmed to attend is Jonathan Hickman. He's gonna be bigger in a few more years. The man is a genius! I'm sad that Bendis won't go but it's ok. SDCC is already worth it!

There'll be panels but the crucial ones I have to attend are the following. The Avengers panel, The Amazing Spider-Man panel, and The Dark Knight Rises panel. (Cool huh? :) ) hehehe. I'm excited! :) Robert Downey Jr. Chris Hemsworth, Chris Evans, Samuel L. Jackson and Joss Whedon together! Whatuuuuuupppp??? :)

Comic-Con will also be the venue for the 2011 Eisner Awards and please do me a favor? Please pray for our very own Gerry Alanguilan who is nominated for his work on Elmer. :) There are also other Pinoys nominated so please pray for them. I'm sorry to put emphasis on Sir Gerry but he' been one of my idols. He's a good man! He deserves the Eisner. :)

I'll also be covering this for Yahoo! Philippines. Since they got me to be their comic book blogger, I gotta cover it!!! :) It'll be awesome!!! Mark the dates!!! July 21-24, San Diego!!!



1 comment:

Gerry Alanguilan said...

Hey Jiggy! I didn't know this was your first time to Comic-con. I thought you'd been there at least a couple of times before. The last time I was there was 1999, but coming back in 2011 I'm sure would feel like coming for the first time because of how huge it's become. The Comic-con of late is nothing like how it was 12 years ago. Back then attendance was like 60,000. Now it's insane. See you guys there!