Thursday, November 12, 2009

On TRESE


With respect to Budjette Tan and Kajo Baldisimo, this is just my humble and honest opinion on their masterpiece called TRESE.

Gerry Alanguilan said it best in the foreword of TRESE vol.1

"You have no idea how excited I am for you"

I re-read vol. 1 and I just can't seem to get enough of Alexandra Trese and The Kambal. I'm telling you, the mythology Budjette Tan and Kajo Baldisimo created is just pure greatness! The stories are just top notch grade A pure awesomeness.

OK, so TRESE is about a crime investigator of the paranormal named Alexandra Trese. She solves cases that involves the weird activities that happen in Metro Manila. The very first issue involves Balete Drive and the White Lady. If you're a fan of Philippine folklore and all the horror that's involved, you will enjoy the book. If you like that plus mystery, you'll love the book. If you like what I just said and loves comics, you'll ask for more and more and more from Budjette Tan and Kajo Baldisimo.

I'm telling you, TRESE is like probably one of THE greatest creations in COMICS HISTORY!!! It kicks ass and the characters are just awesome.

The best payoff is volume 3 because in my opinion, it is THE best origin story ever. I like it on how the origin is told towards the latter part. It's just sheer genius. ANG GALENG MEHN!!! Hahahaha!

I absolutely love this book and I hope Mr Tan and Mr Baldisimo create more and more of TRESE!

2 comments:

angeL said...

where can I buy these books and other masterpiece of Gerry Alanguilan na bandang south? kasi im looking for it sa national bookstore and power books here wala ung mga gantong books:(

Anonymous said...

..nice, really nice po ^^,).