Wednesday, November 30, 2011

TIN TIN

 

I saw probably the best movie of 2011 last night. Steven Spielberg and Peter Jackson's adaptation of HERGE's masterpiece comic strip! "The Adventures of Tin Tin"was a movie that had my eyes glued to the screen the whole time! 

I like reconnecting to my childhood and I remember reading the stories growing up. I remembered watching the cartoons in the afternoon when I got home from school. It was pure bliss!

What made the difference was that it was retold by 2 master storytellers in Steven Spielberg and Peter Jackson. When Spielberg directs a movie, you can't help but be amazed how it's shown right before your eyes. I specifically loved the action sequences towards the end of the movie. It was the action sequence with the falcon.

Imagine the HERGE characters in the comics coming to life! It was fantastic! I loved how TIN TIN, Snowy, Captain Haddock, Thomson and Thompson were transformed into 3D! They looked real with a touch of Herge! LOVED IT! I had tons of fanboy moments! Opening credits pa lang! With music accompaniment by John Williams, the movie was even better!

The only movie that can stand up to Tin Tin in my honest opinion is THOR. It's actually a toss up really. The movie contains comedy, action, suspense, thrills, and loads of nerdgasm moments! THOR had those too... 

For sure I'm going to see this movie again! But in 3D this time around!

Thanks to National Book Store for the tickets! :)

1 comment:

gillboard said...

i also loved the crane fight scenes. and the pirate scenes. that was how i wanted pirates of the Caribbean to be.