Sunday, January 6, 2013

Getting back to shape

January is always that time when you need to shave off some of the pounds. All the food you ate during the holidays come to bite you back in the @$$. I hate it. 

What I can say is that I've been doing pretty good so far in 2013. Been eating cereeal, salad and soup. I've also started to jog again. Been using the brand new Adidas Supernovas Misha gave me for Christmas. The NIKE Fuelband on the other hand is also a good motivator to help you be more active. The weekends are pretty hard when you're in the house plus there's a lot of junk food and sweets in the kitchen. Being the weekend warrior is the way to go.

I have to share that I'm using my cousin Josh as source of inspiration and motivation. He really did so well last year. He lost 101 pounds through discipline and by working hard at the gym. Love that boy! So proud.

But the thing that got me was my brother Jonty showing me a picture of myself back in 2009. It was probably the thinnest I've been. I have to say that I really gained a lot of weight in 3 years. I need to get back to that.


I can hear my 2009 self asking "WHAT THE F DID YOU DO!?!? GET BACK INTO SHAPE!" No more stress eating this year. It's all about being fit and healthy. This is a promise I'm keeping.

No comments: