Thursday, January 3, 2013

50 movies in 2013: Here we go again...

Back in 2011, I forgot that I was able to hit the 50 goal. I forgot I saw 10 short films which sort of saved me. I did see 49 without the 10 short ones.

I'm giving some new rules for this year. I should watch in a cinema but I can watch an original DVD/BluRay copy if the movie wasn't shown here. (mind the word original and not pirated)

This month we'll have Life of Pi, Les Mis, Jack Reacher, and hopefully Zero Dark Thirty (?) just need to watch once a week and I'll be ok.

What am I looking forward to this year? These are on top of my list.


Anchorman 2

Jonty is the biggest fan of Anchorman and I'm more of an Elf kind of guy. But with Steve and Paul plus Mr. Whammy in the fold, this should be an instant classic!


Star Trek: Into Darkness

Benedict Cumberbatch is gonna kick the shiz out of this movie! He's so badass in the trailer and I'm mighty excited for this JJ Abrams sequel. Star Trek was the best movie for me back in 2009 so let's wait and see if this one will be better than the first.


Man of Steel

Here I'm a bit pessimistic because I wasn't too happy with Watchmen and Sucker Punch just sucked and punched me in the gut. Zack Snyder 3 for 3? Maybe not. Christopher Nolan producing? That should be awesome. The new trailer looks a lot better than the first and I'm hoping Supes does good here.


The Wolverine

I was surprised that this movie actually happens after X-Men: The Last Stand and not after X-Men Origins: Wolverine. I'm hopeful here because Hugh Jackman really does such an awesome job being Logan. If Downey is Stark, Jackman is Logan. Simple as that. But what I'm excited for is that 20th Century Fox is gonna make their version of the MARVEL Universe with the X-Men and Fantastic Four franchises. Will we see the start of an awesome crossover after The Wolverine?



Iron Man 3

Need I say more? "Nothing's been the same since New York." OK, I'll quote that line but it's true because after The Avengers, nothing's been the same! We want more of the Marvel U! Stark is back and he'll take on the Mandarin! A new director is taking the job so it'll be exciting to see his take on the Armored Avenger!

How about you? What are you looking forward to watch this year? :)

No comments: