Wednesday, March 28, 2012

They don't make kids movies like they used to...


I've been watching a lot of the HD channels on Sky lately. They've been showing The Mighty Ducks on FOX Family Movies the past couple of days and it got me thinking that kids these days don't get these types of movies anymore.

The Mighty Ducks was a movie that shaped a lot of childhoods. It was a hockey movie about these kids who were underdogs/misfits and ended up winning. Emilio Estevez was Coach Gordon Bombay and Joshua Jackson (Pacey from Dawson's Creek and Peter Bishop from Fringe) was the awesome Charlie Conway! Everyone my age knows who Charlie Conway is! Rollerblading became a hit because of The Mighty Ducks! (No hockey except in the old Megamall ice skating rink)

I guess what I'm trying to say is that there aren't any kids movies that show values of friendship, teamwork, fair play, and rising above the challenge. What do kids get these days? You have Ice Age 4 and Madagascar 3 coming up... Seriously? Disney, I believe needs to bring back all these kids movies/ pre-teen movies.

Remember the 3 Ninjas? The Little Giants? Stand by me? I feel bad for the kids these days... Those were the movies that made you want to play outside the house. Maybe I'm getting too old... What do you think?

2 comments:

Burn Harder said...

Well we're not exactly kids anymore, so it's pretty hard to spot which kid movies are awesome.

Unknown said...

Yeah.. I think you're right.. Movies shown nowadays are specially targeted to paying adults..

Although, if it did exist, it's mildly alarming that they place inappropriate humors in movies and tv shows that are marketed as "for kids"..