Tuesday, June 22, 2010

It's another Tuesday (Isabela trip)

I will not talk about the finals since it's too depressing to think about. Instead, I will talk about my trip to Isabela.

I had to go to North Luzon to present to the sales team. It just so happened that their monthly meeting was set in Isabela instead of Dagupan. Bummer.

I left Sunday 5pm and arrived there at 3am the next day. It was the loooongest drive ever. It was INSANE!!! It was a good thing I was with 2 other officemates who had to go to Isabela too. We just had a car hired. Driving to Isabela made me see the "work in progress" of DPWH.

The mountains in Nueva Ecija and Nueva Vizcaya had the most outrageous zigzag roads wherein half of the lane is being "fixed/constructed". I was told that it was forever being fixed... The whole year 'round.

At 12 midnight on the way to Isabela. We were stuck for roughly 45minutes in the mountains of Nueva Vizcaya. Since half of the lane was being used by the people coming down, we had to wait. I tell you, it was a pure waste of time. It was 45 minutes I can never get back again. We were already making fun and putting it at the TOP 10 ways you can waste your precious time.

Why am I saying this? If there are other roads being "fixed" for a large amount of time, it should be reported. I already told my Mom about it and I'm telling my Tito about this.

1. It's dangerous having half a lane in the mountains.
2. It wastes people's precious time
3. It's about darn time that we have excellent roads in the provinces.

Jeez luhweez... It was really a long drive :(

Going around the country will make you see a lot of things differently. It makes you want to do something good. There's still a LOT to be done.

I was in Cordon, Isabela and the greenery I saw the next day was lush and beautiful. Nature at its best! Believe me, I'm not much of a nature guy but seeing the green hills makes you appreciate our country more.

If I had the gift of time, I'd be exploring the country now and seeing the opportunities we have. I think there are so many things that are overlooked and they need to be addressed as soon as possible.

Anyway, I just wanted to share that. I hope the roads there get fixed NOW NA!

3 comments:

R. said...

can't your presentation be done online?

i understand the value of a person-to-person encounter, but with the advancement of technology plus the cost efficiency of such means, can't your company or supervisors consider this possibility?

but most importantly, i'm just thinking of your safety and welfare, jigs.

maierz said...

hi jiggy natawa ako sa post mo! i'm from Cagayan Valley and we pass by that mountain road in Sta.Fe, Nueva Vizcaya. and yes, it's forever being fixed. it's amazing u were still awake in that part of the trip!

anyway i do hope your tito gets to fix that! :) it would be nice to have a smooth ride up that mountain road without the traffic.. :D

iammai said...

whoa, naka pagod...