Sunday, March 29, 2009

Watching Cartoons Again



The last animated series I really followed was Justice League Unlimited.

The Marvel Animated series kinda lost its touch with X-Men Evolution... The FOX versions of Iron Man, Fantastic Four, and X-Men were great but Spider-Man was the best among them.

Now, I'm hooked to Spectacular Spider-Man which is now being aired on Cartoon Network every Sunday at 10am. Back to back episodes if I might add.

Ok, being the Spidey purist that I am, the only thing I don't like about it is Spidey's face... There's a straight line on his mouth!!! I always always always prefer the John Romita version. That face of Spidey is so damn sacred.

But other than that, It's a pretty cool cartoon. It has elements from the Spider-Man movies. Earlier today, they re-enacted the save the vehicle that lost its breaks. Instead of a train, it was just an 18-wheeler.

For Spidey's romance, Gwen and Betty Brant were the initial ones and Mary Jane comes in the picture after a few episodes.

The Rogues Gallery is pretty cool too. You have The Enforcers, Tombstone, Sandman, Rhino, Electro, Dr. Octopus, and of course, The Green Goblin.

Harry and drugs story is being put too. But I still haven't seen the Uncle Ben origin. I'm waiting for its take on it.

Oh, they also have the Ultimate version put too. Eddie Brock has this thing for Gwen Stacy while Peter doesn't notice Gwen.

So it's a new Spidey for the new generation.

But hey, it's still Spidey! :)

No comments: