Sunday, March 8, 2009

On watching WATCHMEN

There was an advanced screening in Rockwell last March 5.

I couldn't pass that opportunity. Saw it with my brother. (We always have to watch together if it's a comic book movie)

I was prepared to be disappointed an all but to be honest, and this is my opinion, I liked the flick. I got to hand it to Zack Snyder because I felt he gave that certain respect to the fans making the film.

The people who didn't like the film were the ones who didn't read the book. So they can't compare!

But honestly, it was done well. Rorschach, Nite Owl, Dr. Manhattan and The Comedian gave the best performances. The soundtrack was pretty good too! I just wasn't too happy with the R-13 rating here in the Philippines. They had a number of cuts and that wasn't too friendly to the fanboys.

The 3hour flick may be too much for the non-comic book reading community but for the fanboys, it's a good watch. Seeing some of the stuff you saw in the pages of the graphic novel come to life was awesome!!!

I'd watch it again :)

No comments: