Wednesday, September 14, 2011

My Ateneo DREAM TEAM

Disclaimer: I really got into the UAAP during the "rebuilding" era. It was the final year of Ryan Pamintuan and Jean Alabanza. It was Enrico Villanueva's Sophomore year.

Anyway, I got this idea from Luiboi, a follower of the blog.

If I were to get a selection of Ateneo players from different eras, and build a dream team, these would be it.
In a 16-man line up.

My Starting 5. I believe that this is THE strongest starting 5 in my honest to goodness opinion.

1 - LA Tenorio
2 - Larry Fonacier
3 - Wesley Gonzales
4 - Rich Alvarez
5 - Enrico Villanueva

In 2002, these guys were all present! C'mon, at their UAAP primes, these guys got it!

LA is the best point guard of Ateneo in recent years. In his rookie year, man, he kicked ass! Larry was the all around guy. He had defense, offense, style, class, the cold blooded shots and he was humble. Larry was a King Eagle. Wild Wild Wes plays best when he's up against La Salle. I put him there because you need someone who won't take crap from anybody. You need an enforcer and Wes is the best at what he does. Rich will always be my favorite player of all time. The back-to-back MVP was the king of the boards. He improved year on year, he can take the 3-ball and man can he dunk! Enrico is the most dominant center in recent year. He was Rookie of the Year and MVP. Enrico also won't take crap from no one. To this very day, he still gets boos from La Salle. That's how popular and dominant he was.

The remaining 11 is a tough call. As much as I want to put in more, I can't.

Since I'm a fan of defense, the first 2 I have to put are

6 - Nonoy Baclao (4)
7 - Kirk Long (2)

For my guards, I'm a fan of these 3 guys so I have to put them

8 - Chris Tiu (2/3)
9 -  Emman Monfort (1)
10 - Kiefer Ravena (1/2/3)

My big men

11 - Greg Slaughter (5)
12 - Rabeh Al-Hussaini (5)
13 - Japeth Aguilar (5)

Forwards

14 - JC Intal (3/4)
15 - Ryan Buenafe (3/4)
16 - Magnum Membrere (3)

COACH: Norman Black



No comments: