Sunday, August 14, 2011

Technology... I will not take you for granted

I'm in a long distance relationship and it's difficult. I'm not gonna lie to you. Pardon the language but this crap is hard! It sucks big time! It hasn't been a week yet and I'm really really sad. I never thought I'd be in a long distance relationship... Never say never because here I am. 

The first couple of days have been really tough but I'll share with you what has been the most difficult. It was bringing Misha to the airport and sending her off. I tell you, it's difficult not to let the tears fall. 

How have I been surviving? Skype, Viber, Text, and e-mail among others. Sky Broadband has been a big help also because of the clarity of the video call. With all this help from technology, having a long distance relationship makes it bearable. I was talking to my Dad and my Ninong about it. They said that I should be thankful because they had it much harder back then since my Mom and my Ninang Pinky were in Boston, there was no e-mail or Skype back then. 

I can only imagine how hard it was back then. Snail Mail and waiting for a letter? Man... Makes me remember "The Notebook"

To all those in a long distance relationship... I feel for you guys. To those about to be in one, kaya yan! It's a commitment. It's something you need to work at. But if you really love the person, it won't feel like you're working at it...

Pain is temporary. 

Mish, I'm counting the days!!!

3 comments:

vaishal patel said...

awww...:(

angelle said...

I'm in a long distance relationship too and yes, it's hard during the first days but it would be easier as time goes by. Love rules :)

Oreene Sunglao said...

I, also will never take for granted technology since our generation is very much lucky in terms of communication by all means. I also have my long distance relationship with my boyfriend and communication is a vital part of it. It is up to us on how we will survive. In one way or another, I'm looking forward to a happy ending despite of countless difficulties such as long distance for the mean time.^^ Kaya natin to Kuya Jiggy!