Tuesday, February 15, 2011

The result of growing up too fast...

Forgive me for being too "kiddie" but I mentioned a couple of posts ago on how I didn't get toys I wanted when I was younger. I mentioned I didn't get Optimus Prime and the Turtle Blimp.

I completely forgot to mention... I didn't get 3 Japanese robots when I was younger. I wasn't able to get 1. The BIOROBO 2. Voltes V and 3. Daimos...

Thank God, BAN DAI, released a line called "Soul of Chogokin". This line is made STRICTLY for adults and is the most detailed toy line for Japanese Robots. BAN DAI was genius because they made this for adults who never experienced having these robots. So I'm in the target market! Mazinger Z, Combattler V, and a whole bunch of other robots are included in the line with pinpoint accuracy. How accurate? Well, Daimos, seen below, I got last week. I tell you, it's REALLY accurate. I have to take better pictures though but Daimos can turn into Tranza, his chest opens to reveal the double blizzard. His freezer ray can be turned, he can pose with his signature Death Blow, and there's even a mini Richard included! But the most awesome part is that ALL HIS WEAPONS ARE COMPLETE!!!


The same goes for Voltes V. I like the Voltes V set better because it's frikkin Voltes V man!!! I'm being careful with it so I didn't take pics yet. But man, getting it gives this feeling of nostalgia and excitement. They say that adults who buy toys were the kids who grew up too fast or didn't experience having the awesome toys. I call it unfinished business! Getting these felt like getting the best Christmas Gift during Christmas morning. If you're like me, I suggest you get the toys you didn't get when you were younger. I got complete satisfaction upon acquiring Daimos and most especially Voltes V. I have one more robot to go but unfortunately, it's not available in the Soul of Chogokin line... But once the BIOROBO is available, I'll be the first in line to get it!