Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Mom's Philosophy

"You can always say things in a nice way"

Since it's Mother's Day this Sunday... this one's for you Mom

That phrase makes a difference. I've been working for almost 5 years now. My mom taught me that you can always say things in a nice way. I've never shouted or raised my voice at work or anywhere else. You can always treat the person you're talking to with respect even if you're already very angry. Everyone deserves respect...

I see that you can raise your credibility and professionalism because of that. If you need to get a message across, you can always say it positively or in a calm and collected way.

If you're still in school or starting out, try it. It makes a huge difference. Imagine being shouted at compared to someone speaking to you in a calm and collected way but just equally angry and disappointed.

Again, no matter what, treat anyone with respect. Oh, and if you have nothing nice to say, just keep quiet :)

Thanks for teaching me that Mom :) Happy Mother's Day!

1 comment:

bluegravy said...

Wow! Your mom is such a good person. No doubt her daughter is nice too! :)