Friday, August 22, 2008

25 years

My first entry in Blogspot. I decided to have a public blog. :)

August 21, 2008

25 Years passed since my grandfather's death. People have been asking if he died in vain. He didn't.

In my opinion, his death sparked a revolution without violence and it showed what Filipinos are capable of.

Right now, we, as a nation maybe confused and tired. But nonetheless, the potential is still there.

For his death anniversary, I published a book.

Ninoy: Art and Essays.

25 Defining Moments of my Lolo Ninoy's life drawn by 25 Filipino Artists accompanied by 25 essays.

What's special about it is that proceeds of this book will go to the Ninoy Aquino Foundation. :)

It was done with a lot of love and hard work.

Being the comic book geek that I am, I wanted to do a graphic novel about him. But due to my work in Nestle and time constraints, I had to think of something else. I got Pinoy Comic Book artists like Leinil Yu, Gerry Alanguilan, Harvey Tolibao, Carlo Pagulayan, Lan Medina, and Whilce Portacio to name a few.

It was a fanboy's dream to communicate with them, even if it was through email.

They were all very cool and awesome people!

So I finally got the book done and it will be out in the market soon. Right now, I'm selling through book inquiries.

But the book will be out in bookstores soon :)



Top L-R: Jed Segovia, Me, Lola Cory, Brian Barretto
Bottom L-R: Leinil Yu, Harvey Tolibao, Gerry Alanguilan, Jason Paz, Carlo Pagulayan

No comments: