Sunday, August 12, 2012

The best Trilogy since Lord of The Rings


Star Wars episodes IV-VI and the Lord of The Rings Trilogy were great 3's. It's hard to achieve that feat. Back to The Future III was just ok and can't be part of the awesome trilogies. We all know what happened with X-Men and Spider-Man. (Damn that Spider-Man 3...)

In 2005, we got a taste of Nolan's take on the Caped Crusader with Batman Begins and I still think that it was the best among the movies. It had a lot of cool lines also plus it was a great origin story. I'm a sucker for origin stories. 2008 brought The Dark Knight and it was not a superhero movie. It was a serious film! It just so happened that the characters in it were comic book characters. 

Fast forward to 2012, we have the final chapter of The Dark Knight Trilogy, The Dark Knight Rises. Now I wasn't so happy with the choice of villain in Bane since I really wanted to see what Nolan would do for The Riddler. I came into the cinema with great expectations. Mind you that I had just arrived from my trip and was still jet lagged. I took a 30 minute nap and in that theater, not once did I feel sleepy. 

I was at the edge of my seat. The film happens 8 years after the events of The Dark Knight and it was said in the latest movie that it was the last recorded appearance of Batman. Gordon has to live out this lie but feels that he needs to tell the truth. A new threat comes to Gotham in Bane and we see Bruce Wayne having to come out of retirement and wear the cowl and cape again. 

The part where Batman comes back was my favorite part of the movie. The Hans Zimmer music plays and it's just fantastic! I was cheering inside my head! "HELL YEAH! BATMAN IS BACK!" 



Now if you still haven't seen this, that's just such a disappointment. The Dark Knight Rises is such an awesome movie. It sums up the best trilogy since Lord of The Rings and I don't think another superhero movie trilogy can beat it. The Amazing Spider-Man was a downer and Iron Man 2 was just ok. 

Seriously, if this movie doesn't get nominated for Best Picture then there really is no hope for superhero movies to win the Oscar for Best Picture. It's just a shame what happened in Colorado. I think it slowed down the sales of this movie. My thoughts are with the families who got affected. 


As a parting shot, here's the ensemble of the trilogy. It's a great cast. All of them were in character. Props to Anne Hathaway, Tom Hardy, Gary Oldman, Michael Caine, JGL and of course, Christian Bale. Marion Cotillard was beautiful in this movie. She still scares me because of Inception. But she was still pretty!

Thank you so much to Christopher Nolan for giving us such a wonderful Trilogy! It's just one of the best! I don't think anyone can top this. Seriously...

1 comment:

mojacko said...

this is high praise from a marvel fanboy! i did like the ending , bruce wayne retiring...which would never happen in the comics!