Sunday, August 24, 2008

Looking back at the project...


(Standing L-R: Brian Barretto, Andrew Drilon, JPaul Marasigan, Harvey Tolibao, Jason Paz, Carlo Pagulayan, Leinil Yu, Gerry Alanguilan, Carlo Montano, Jofred Villaruz)
(Kneeling down L-R: Jed Segovia, Jiggy Cruz, Stephen Segovia, Noah Salonga, Felix Cua, Andrew Agoncillo, Jonty Cruz)

The highlight of the whole project was probably meeting the artists. I threw a dinner for them last month and they were all such wonderful people.

You see, the comic book industry here in the Philippines isn't like the one in the U.S. or in Japan. I was talking to Gerry Alanguilan and he said that distribution is the hard part. Getting your work out there is difficult and most of the readers are in Metro Manila.

But nonetheless, what's important is that you have the love and passion for the craft. It's not to get famous or to get rich but you do it because you love everything about it.

Compiling the book was difficult since I was juggling two jobs.

By day, I was a guy working for the corporate world. By night, I was trying to be an editor-in-chief. I barely made it. But hey, I thought that it was a big accomplishment for me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It is an accomplishment!! :) I love the book! ;)