Sunday, August 31, 2008

The effects of launching a book

So Ninoy: Art and Essays is well-received by the public. Thank God!

A lot has happened to me because of this book. But first, let me stress that I didn't do the book for fame or popularity. It was 100% love for my Lola, my Lolo, and for the comic-book industry.

But the book is taking me places where I've never been before. A lot of people are proud of what I did. And I'm very thankful to God for His help. I really don't deserve all of this.

Why am I reacting? For one, I just had a friggin photoshoot. I'll be appearing in the October issue of People Asia. The writer told me that this is not the end for you... More will come. I don't think I'm ready for that.

I'm being featured as a SCION. Since that's the theme of the October issue. KC Concepcion will dawn the cover. Other Scions that will be featured are Quark Henares, Gary V's son, the chef of CYMA, and another guy. So, yours truly will be the one covering the political side of things. Whoopdeedoo...

What I'm thrilled about is that my comic book heroes are now my friends!

The guys in the states have added me on Facebook. How sweet is that?

Getting to chat with these people is already such a great blessing. I'm just happy.

My only fear now is that I hope the book sells...

Oh well...

We'll have to wait and see

No comments: